Join our Team!
The Greater Topsail Area Chamber of Commerce is now seeking applicants for the Executive
Director position. The Executive Directer is above all else a true member of the community—
one who is passionate about fostering relationships among the businesses, advocating on their
behalf, and supporting economic growth in the area. This person will be responsible to the
Board of Directors for the daily activities of the Chamber of Commerce, including all
administrative, operational, personnel and financial requirements of the organization. The
position, housed in Surf City, NC, is a full-time position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively work to carry out and achieve the Chamber mission statement.
• Implement recruitment and retention strategies to increase membership and
retain existing members.
• Actively participates with and assists all Board of Directors Committees. Provide key
leadership in the community by establishing credible, healthy relationships with key elected
officials in order to better represent the interests of Chamber members.
• Accountable for ensuring that the budget is adhered to throughout the fiscal year.
• Responsible for maintaining a presentable facility for Chamber guests.
• Represent Chamber in a professional manner at events which includes some evening and
weekend appearances and in-person visits with individual members of the Chamber.
• Any and all duties deemed necessary to maintain operations.